Using decorative lighting is another way of enhancing the beauty and character of the house. Earlier on lighting was done from the functional point of view. Today homeowners want their lighting fixtures both interior and exterior to make a statement; especially, the interior lighting. They select interior lighting fixtures to match the rest of the Decor. Decorating homes with elegant and tasteful light fixtures is a must these days. Decorative home lighting fixtures come in many different shapes, sizes, finishes and materials. There are a wide variety of finishes to choose from. Some of the most popular ones are:
The market is flooded with a variety of decorative lighting fixtures. Selecting ones that are both functional and decorative can be a difficult task. Here are a few tips to follow while choosing decorative lights :
- Fixtures that have a bronze, brushed nickel, stainless steel, copper and pewter finishes, have become popular, displacing the old favorite that was a polished brass finish. These new finishes easily blend with the multi-colored Decor of modern homes and businesses.
- Some fixtures are finished in different colors; the consumer can choose one that exactly matches his needs. These are usually painted or powder coated and may be textured or customized to match any Decor.
- Another finish very high in demand is an antiqued and timeless look. This finish gives the lamps a very conventional transitional look.
- Today, much attention is paid to detailing. Every aspect of the fixture is made decorative this gives the fixture more style and elegance.
- Employ a certified lighting consultant. They will help you find fixtures that are functional and decorative.
- It you have a picture, of what the lighting fixture should look like, take it with you while shopping.
- Plan a budget and decide by how much, you are willing to exceed that budget, for something you really want.
- When buying lighting fixtures for rooms bring something that matches the color of the walls. This will make it easier to find lights that match the rest of the Decor.
- When buying decorative lighting fixtures do not forget the practical purpose of lighting the room.